OHNLP External Links
From Open Health Natural Language Processing (OHNLP) Consortium
The following external sites may be of interest to the OHNLP community.
- AMIA NLP-Workgroup
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Natural Language Processing Workgroup whose mission is to develop, apply and promote natural language processing in biomedical science, patient care, public health and biomedical education.
- The Automated Retrieval Console (ARC) is open source software that provides a suite of tools to mix and match NLP with machine learning and interfaces to quickly calculate performance. ARC requires only examples of targeted information in order to develop, evaluate, and deploy IR algorithms.
- JULIE Lab
- The Language and Information Engineering Lab at Jena University (JULIE Lab) was established in 2004 after the group moved from Freiburg University to Jena. The Lab's research focus is on automatic text analysis in order to service various applications such as information extraction, text mining, cross-language document and information retrieval, and text summarization. Most of these applications are embedded in the biomedical domain.
- Integrating Data for Analysis, Anonymization and SHaring (iDASH) is the newest National Center for Biomedical Computing (NCBC), which was funded in 2010 under the NIH Roadmap for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
- Knowtator is a general-purpose text annotation tool that is integrated with the Protégé knowledge representation system.
- The Mayo Weka/UIMA Integration (MAWUI) library is an interface that provides a way for UIMA components (e.g. TAE's, CasConsumers, etc.) to use the Weka machine learning environment within a UIMA context.
- Medical Text Analytics
- Description of medical text analytics system based on NLP principles including demos of a search application.
- Open Health Tools
- Open Health Tools is an open source community with a vision of enabling a ubiquitous ecosystem where members of the Health and IT professions can collaborate to build interoperable systems that enable patients and their care providers to have access to vital and reliable medical information at the time and place it is needed.
- OpenNLP is an organizational center for open source projects related to natural language processing.
- U-Compare is an integrated text mining/natural language processing system based on the UIMA Framework, which provides access to a large collection of ready-to-use interoperable natural language processing components.
- UIMA Component Repository
- The goal at this site is to provide the basis for a thriving community of UIMA developers who can announce, discuss, design, share, and critique UIMA-compliant components, resources and solutions.